The station was originally opened as an unadvertised
exchange station for the sole use of passengers changing lines. Anyone wish to
board at Broom had to buy tickets at either Wixford or Salford Priors. The
station was made formally accessible to the local populace on 1st November
1880. - See below the photos for a table of dates etc.
||On the north side of High Street. A public
footpath follows the course of the railway at this point.
| Company on opening:
||Evesham & Redditch Railway
Date closed to passengers:
||17.9.1963 (last train ran on 1.10.1962 then
replaced by bus)
|Date closed completely:
| Company on closing:
|| British Railways (London Midland
| Present state:
||Remnants of the platform and some brickwork
from the station building can still be seen.
|OS Grid Ref: