LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham & the SMJ Railway
Broom Junction Station: mrbj1317
View of Broom Junction' stations third signal box now renamed to
'Broom North' after the opening of the south junction in 1942. The brick built
coal bunker seen on the left is on the site of the second signal box opened on
9th October 1892. The board walk, seen crossing just half of the double tracks,
was used by the signalman to collect the token from trains entering the system
from either the Evesham or Stratford upon Avon lines (as seen in image 'mrbj1312').
The signalman only needed to stand by the lamppost to exchange tokens with the
trains departing in the opposite direction.