LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham
Broom Junction Station: mrbj151
A panoramic view of Broom Junction station taken in 1938 from
the road bridge looking north towards Redditch. On the right at the edge of the
goods yard are three structures; two store rooms, one at each end and a mess
hut in between. The roof seen in the foreground belonged to the Platelayers hut
sited in the yard by the bridge. The entrance to the goods yard was via the
drive on the right. The lamppost in the foreground appears to be gas lit, the
gas supplied would have been stored at the station and distributed by pipework.
The ladder leaning against the lamppost indicates that this was the last lamp
on the junior porter's round. He would either be lighting the lamp or
extinguishing. Its apparent from this view that the LMS had removed the ground
signals/discs by 1938.