Wixford station was opened on 17th September 1866 as a
temporary station but was later made permanent by the Midland Railway. Despite
its basic facilities it was manned and had an equally basic goods yard
comprising of a single siding accessed from the main line from either end. The
station closed earlier than most on the line with both passengers and goods
traffic ceasing on 2nd January 1950.
Select an image below to view the larger version with