Earlswood Lakes station was situated at the highest point of
the line between Birmingham and Stratford Upon Avon. The long bank from the
south required heavily loaded trains to be piloted from Stratford Upon Avon.
Watering facilities were provided for trains that might have otherwise have
been hard pressed to continue on to Snow Hill. The station was opened with the
line in 1908 and was deemed significant enough to be provided with brick
platform structures and a goods yard which remained open until 6th July 1964.
Access to the station was via a path to the up platform from the road that
crossed the railway or via a drive way that led to the down platform and to the
goods yard. The main facilities including the Booking Office were situated in
the down platform building.
Select an image below to view the larger version with