Harvington station was the next stop on the line from
Evesham and some two miles south of Salford Priors. Harvington station had the
same configuration as others on the line that is it had a single-faced platform
and a single siding goods yard. The station was however a block post with its
siding incorporating a passing loop controlled by a signal box.
The station opened on 16th June 1866 for passengers and 17th
September 1866 for goods traffic. The signal box was opened on 2 June 1891 and
remained open until 1st March 1964, the station having closed to all traffic on
1st October 1962. Bob Essery in his book on the line states that the services
were rather limited and is of the opinion that it was surprising that the
station remained open for such a long time.
Select an image below to view the larger version with