Perry Barr Station
Perry Barr station was opened by the Grand Junction Railway
on the line from Vauxhall to Stafford and beyond on 4th July 1837. For nearly
sixty years it carried the name Perry Bar station until the extra 'r' in 'Barr'
was added on 29th August 1894. The station remains open today, albeit in a
different form, so it can claim to be one of the oldest stations in the county
Select an image below to view the larger version with