LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham
Studley & Astwood Bank Station: mrstud597
British Railways built 4MT 2-6-0 No 43036 is seen at the head of
the 5:10pm Birmingham to Ashchurch service on 22nd April 57. The Ivatt designed
moguls became familiar sights on the line in the last years before closure.
This elevated view shows the location of the station in comparison to the goods
shed and signal box. Built at Horwich works in June 1948 No 43036 remained in
service until it was withdrawn from Workington shed in May 1966 for scrapping
by the Motherwell Machinery & Scrap Company based at Inshaw works.