LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham
Kings Heath Station: mrkh518
Looking towards Kings Norton on 13th June 1957 some sixteen
years after closure to passenger traffic. The yard is clearly being worked as
is evident both by the presence of mineral wagons in the sidings on the left
and the goods locomotive in the distance. The down platform shows the imprint
of a hut having been erected sometime previously. Over the period from 1858 to
1973 some 34 coal merchants operated from Kings Heath station although most
only had an office in the yard rather than being based based at Kings Heath.
The 1973 date refers to the closure of the offices at the station as the goods
yard was closed in May 1965.