LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham
Evesham Station: mre559
Ex-MR 4F 0-6-0 No 43940 is seen on a nine van 'Beckford'
working with the train set to reverse into the sidings. The train's guard is
standing in the up line's 'four foot', the railwaymen's term for the space
between the two rails, and appears to be giving the driver instructions. Number
43940 was built by Armstrong Whitworth to order 419 in 1920 and remained in
service until withdrawn from Saltley shed in October 1964 to be scrapped at
Swindon works in December 1964.