LMS Route: Hampton in Arden to Whitacre
Coleshill (Maxstoke) Station: mrcm177
Looking towards Hampton with the short single platform
station on the left and the level crossing gates in the foreground circa 1908.
The station booking hall and waiting room was accessed from the door off the
platform whilst on the other side of the station masters house was the
Gentlemen's toilets. When the photograph was taken the name was still bearing
the name 'Coleshill Station' it didn't receive the name Maxstoke until 9th July
1923 when Forge Mills on the Birmingham to Nuneaton line was renamed Coleshill.
This photograph might at first glance appear to be the same as image 'mrcm175' but there are subtle differences, the most
notable being the position of the station master. In this view he is stood
slightly to the left of his position with his back 'touching' the poster whilst
the fence to the right of the railway sign is visible in the photograph but not
in the other.