LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham
Alvechurch Station: mralv611
BR 4MT 4-6-0 No 75060 is seen arriving at Alvechurch on 5.32pm
Birmingham New Street to Redditch on 23rd April 1960. The public footpath which
ran alongside the station and crossed the line by the ground frame is clearly
seen together with the 'Beware of Trains' noticeboard. Bob Essery states that
the BR Standards together with LMS contemporaries, were ideal locomotives on
the route having tender cabs thereby forgoing the need to turn the engines.
Number 75060 was built at Swindon works to Lot 408 in May 1957 and lasted only
ten years in service before being withdrawn from Croes Newydd shed in April
1967 to be scrapped by Hughes Bolckow Ltd of North Blyth in October 1967.