LMS Route: Rugby to Wolverhampton
Ex-LMS 4-6-0 'Black 5' No 44934 is seen passing through
Stechford station on a down special made of Southern Region coaching stock on
6th July 1959. Evidence of some changes on the platform include a new flat
roofed building on the down platform and concrete lampposts. Built as LMS No
4934 at Horwich works in October 1946 it remained in service until September
1967 when it was withdrawn from Dallam shed in Warrington for scrapping during
March 1968 by J Cashmore of Great Bridge.