LMS Route: Berkswell to Kenilworth Junction
Berkswell to Kenilworth Junction: lnwrkj2957
Ex-LMS 4F 0-6-0 No 44395 is seen on a New Street to
Leamington local passenger service on the up line of the Berkswell Loop at
17:45pm on 5th June 1959. Built as LMS No 4395 in October 1926 by the North
British Locomotive Company, No 44395 received its British Railway number in May
1949 and remained in service until December 1963 when it was withdrawn from 8F
Springs Branch shed near Wigan.
Alan Searle writes the photograph was taken using
a Zeiss Ikonta 120 camera which uses a 2¼" square negative.