Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_str406
View of a very busy Platform 7 seen from the passenger
footbridge looking towards Queens Drive showing the building which initially
housed offices for Midland Railway staff. The bottom of the steps from the
footbridge can just be seen behind the Wymans News Stand which has had a
four-sided raised section added to its roof to provide space for advertising.
The train indicator boards first evident in photos from the 1880s are still
being used as evidenced on the left. 19 March 1954