LMS Route: Trent Valley Line
Shilton Station: lnwr_shil1107
LNWR 4-6-0 No 258, an unnamed Prince of Wales locomotive, is
seen at the head of an up excursion train approaching Shilton station circa
1919-22. Built by Beardmore & Company in October 1921 No 258 was later
renumbered by the LMS as No 5781 and remained in service until March 1936 when
it was withdrawn from service to be scrapped at Crewe works.
An original photograph by Henry L Salmon