LMS Route: Rugby to Tamworth
Trent Valley Lineside - Newbold on Avon: lnwr_nupa1194
LMS 5XP 4-6-0 Patriot class No 5531 'Sir Frederick Harrison'
is seen at the head of an up milk train consisting of three six-wheel Milk
Wagons and a 50 foot break van in August 1939. Rebuilt from a LNWR Claughton
class locomotive by Crewe works in April 1933 No 5531 acquired its name in 1937
and after being rebuilt with a 2A tapered boiler in December 1947 remained in
service until October 1965 when it was withdrawn from Kingmoor shed in Carlisle
to be scrapped in March 1966 by GH Campbell of Airdrie.