As with the other stations on the Weedon to Marton Junction
extension, Flecknoe was opened on 1st August 1895. The station buildings and
platform were of timber construction and being built in the late 19th century,
the latter was built to a height sufficient for passengers to enter the
coaching stock more readily than earlier platforms that were much lower.
The station closed twice in its relatively short life, once
as a war time economy measure on 1st August 1917 and reopening on 1st March
1919, and finally on 3rd November 1952 being the first of the three stations on
the line within the county to close. The goods yard remained opened for another
ten years, services being withdrawn on 2 December 1963.
Select an image below to view the larger version with