The station was opened in 1862 on Sheep Lane, later renamed
as Station Road when the line to Sutton Coldfield was first built. The station
is situated above road level, as the line is built on an embankment at this
point along the route. Pedestrian access to the former LNWR station is via a
path on either side of the enbankment from each platform to Station Road.
Select an image below to view the larger version with