Ex-LMS 4-6-0 5MT No 44833 awaits to depart Coventry with a service bound for New Street on 5th October 1957. Built as LMS No 4833 by Crewe works in August 1944, No 44833 was to remain in service until September 1967 when it was withdrawn to be scrapped by Cashmores of Great Bridge. As the aerial photo reveals, the Warwick Road bridge was a substantial bottleneck at the west end of the station. The parcels dock on the right is over-full requiring the shunter and signalman to collude to commit something of a breach of regulations. The van beyond the six-wheeler had been left stabled on the platform side of 13 points (see image 'lnwrcov4375'), and since these acted as trap points, the operators had effectively left the wagon untrapped and theoretically able to run foul of the main line. Such were the operating constraints that 'the authorities' had to shut their eyes to such goings on.