Ex-LMS 4-6-0 Black 5 No 44945 stands inside Rugby shed with an assortment of other ex-LMS locomotives. Built as LMS No 4945 by Horwich works in January 1946, No 44945 remained in service until October 1966 when it was withdrawn from 2B Oxley shed to be scrapped by J Cashmore of Great Bridge.
The two men are not identifiable to John who would welcome the chance to put names to faces and especially being able to meet up with former mates. Please use our guest book to contact us. Built by Swindon works in June 1953, No 75030 was to remain in service until December 1967 when it was withdrawn from 12E Tebay shed to be scrapped by Arnott & Young of Carmyle.