·  LMS  ·  GWR  ·  LNER  ·  Misc  ·  Stations  ·  What's New  ·  Video  ·  Guestbook  ·  About

LMS Route: Rugby to Wolverhampton
LMS Route: Rugby to Leamington
LMS Route: Rugby to Tamworth
LMS Route: Rugby to Leicester
LMS Route: Rugby to Market Harborough

Rugby Shed: lnwrrm1026

Ex-MR 1F '480 class' Standard Goods 0-6-0 No 22567 stands in line with other stored locomotives with the Engine Repair Shop behind

Ex-MR 1F '480 class' 0-6-0 No 22567 stands with other stored locomotives next to the Engine Repair Shop on 27th Aug 1938. In all probability No 22567, built by Dubbs & Company circa 1868, would have been withdrawn earlier than September 1946 when it was withdrawn from Coventry shed. The intervention of the Second World War resulted in a large number of engines receiving a stay of execution to help meet the increased demands on the railways. This outside-curved frame locomotive, with all of its springs located above and outside the running plate was designed by M Kirtley.