LMS Route: Rugby to Wolverhampton
LMS Route: Nuneaton to
Coventry Station: lnwrcov618
View of the 'Royal Warwickshire' Regimental Band forming in
to a marching column ready to march forward in to the city centre having
arrived by train from Warwick in 1916. It is presumed that the occasion was to
assist in maintaining public morale and recruitment during the First World War.
Raising public moral was a common feature in the country at the time and
Coventry was no different. For many years a World War Tank was displayed at the
nearby Greyfriars Green and was only removed as part of the World War II drive
to collect iron and other metals. Note the 'IN' and 'OUT' signs whilst on the
front of the canopy a signs implores drivers to 'DRIVE SLOWLY'.