Ex-LNWR 4-6-0 'Experiment Class' No 5472 'Richard Moon' posers at the head of long train of long-wheelbase vans. On the smokebox is a publicity poster advertising that the Daimler and Lanchester cars are being transported to the Scottish Motor Show. Two railwaymen can be seen plus three gentlemen in long overcoats of which two are thought to be see the same as those seen in image 'lnwrcov3731'. Built as LNWR 1993 by Crewe works in October 1906, No 5472 received its LMS number in December 1926 which it retained until December 1933 when it was withdrawn from service to be scrapped by Crewe works.
Peter Speding wrote in Volume 6, Edition 10 of the LNWR Society's Journal an article which featured this photograph, 'This is one of a set of five undated photographs found at Nuneaton sometime between 1960 and 1962. They were found in an envelope postmarked 14.11.1932 with a Midland Daily Telegraph label. The postmark date appears consistent with the subject matter of the photographs, each one of which is stamped on the reverse with 'Copyright Photograph by Midland Daily Telegraph and Coventry Herald, Coventry/ The Coventry Telegraph is the successor to the Midland Daily Telegraph and the Coventry Herald and research by their chief librarian revealed no trace of the pictures having been published and, because all the records of the time were destroyed in the Coventry blitz, it is not possible to obtain any other information. The photographs appear to be about the despatch of cars from the Coventry area and are split into two sections, those below taken in Coventry Goods yard and those on the next page showing a train of about twenty long wheelbase vans.