Birmingham New Street Station
LNWR Locomotives: lnwrbns_pg449
View of LNWR 2-4-2T '4ft 6in' No 2498 standing in the North
Staffordshire bay at the East end of Birmingham New Street station circa 1900.
Ted Talbot writes, 'That the absence of the third lamp socket in the middle of
the locomotive's rear bufferbeam provides evidence that the photograph
pre-dates 1st February 1903 when the RCH head code system was introduced'.
Hanging from the shed plate fixed to the rear of the cab roof is a small
bucket. One of the two tool boxes provided on the locomotive can be seen in
this view, see image 'lnwrbns_pg444' for a view
of the otherside of the bunker and its other tool box.