Birmingham New Street Station
Midland Railway Locomotives: lnwrbns_pg1935
Midland Railway 2P 4-4-0 No 542 is seen standing at Platform
5 whilst at the head of a Class 'B' working, an up local passenger train to
Leicester. Built at Derby works in October 1899 No 452 was superheated by Henry
Fowler at 1912 and remained in service until August 1959 when it was withdrawn
from Nottingham shed to be scrapped during January 1960 by TW Ward Ltd of
Killamarsh after being stored at Derby.