LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms523
Ex-LNWR 3P 4-4-0 Precursor class No 5248 'Amphion' is seen
standing on the centre road between Platforms 1 and 2 prior to forming a train
for Stafford circa 1928-9. Built as LNWR No 804 by Crewe works in April 1906 No
5248 received its LMS number in June 1927 and remained in service until October
1935 to be scrapped in December 1935 by Crewe works.