LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms513
LMS 4P 4-4-0 Compound No 1168 is seen at Platform 2 about to
depart light engine after arriving with a Rugby to Birmingham local passenger
service. Built by the North British Locomotive Company in October 1925 No 1188
was allocated to Rugby shed at the time of the photograph. It retained its
Midland connection for much of its working life and was withdrawn in July 1961
from Monument Lane shed to be scrapped by Derby works in May 1962 after a
period of storage at Trafford Park shed in Manchester.