LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms498
Ex-LNWR 1P 2-4-2T No 6620 stands at the West end of Platform
2 whilst waiting to take forward a local passenger service to Wolverhampton
circa 1926-7. Alongside standing at Platform 3 is an unidentified ex-LNWR 4-4-0
George the Fifth class locomotive with head codes indicating that it is taking
forward a down express to Wolverhampton. Built at Crewe works in April 1891 No
6620 remained in service until March 1953 when it was withdrawn from Swansea
Victoria shed to be scrapped at Crewe works.