LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms484
LMS 5XP Patriot class No 5514 'Holyhead' is seen departing
at the West end of Platform 3 with a Wolverhampton express service on 7th May
1938. On the left standing at the down face of Platform 2 is LMS 4P 4-4-0
Compound No 1164 at the head of a local passenger service to Wolverhampton.
Another of the notionally rebuilt LNWR Claughton class locomotives, No 5514 was
out-shopped as LMS No 5983 by Crewe works in September 1932 and acquired its
name in 1938 before it too was rebuilt with a 2A boiler - March 1947 - to
remain in this form until May 1961 when it was withdrawn from Millhouses shed
in Sheffield to be scrapped by Crewe works in June 1961.