LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms476
Ex-LNWR 4-6-0 Prince of Wales class No 25725 is seen
standing at Platform 1 whilst at the head of a Class A up express service to
Coventry on 20th August 1938. Despite what the train indicator clocks are
showing the service is due to depart at 10 35pm giving sufficient time to load
the full brake van behind the tender with parcels. Built as LNWR No 783 by
Crewe works in June 1919 No 25725 was to remain in service until December 1945
when it was withdrawn from Stafford shed to be cut up at Crewe works.