LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms1951
LMS 4MT 2-6-4T No 2403 is seen departing the West end of
Platform 3 at the head of a semi-fast express service to Stafford on 7th May
1938. Built at Derby works in September 1933 No 2403 remained in service until
December 1962 when it was withdrawn from Tebay shed after banking up Shap to be
scrapped in July 1963 by Crewe works.