LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms1945
Ex-LNWR 2F 0-6-0 18in Goods Engine No 8597 pauses between
pilot duties at the West end of New Street station as the fireman checks the
rear of the tender on 7th May 1938. Built as LNWR No 2206 by Crewe works in
April 1901 it was renumbered into the duplicate series in December 1942 as No
28597 and remained as such until January 1948 when it was withdrawn from
Ryecroft shed in Walsall to be scrapped by Crewe works shortly afterwards.