LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms1943
Midland Railway 1P 2-4-0 No 20002 is seen approaching the
Midland portion of New Street station at the head of a local passenger service
from Kings Norton in June 1935. A Member of the Midland Railway's 156 Class
designed by Matthew Kirtley complete with double frames, No 20002 was built by
Derby works in October 1866 and remained in service until July 1947 when it was
withdrawn to be preserved as No 158A as part of the National Collection.