LMS Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_lms1296
LMS 3MT 2-6-2T No 143 is seen standing at the East end of
the up face of Platform 2 at the head of a local passenger service on 5th July
1935. Built at Derby works in November 1935 No 143 was to remain in service
until October 1961 when it was withdrawn from Widnes shed to be scrapped in
January 1963 by the Central Wagon Company of Ince in Wigan.