New Street station
Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_br4332
Ex-LMS 4-6-0 5XP Patriot Class 4-6-0 No 45518 'Bradshaw'
rolls into the Midland side of New Street station with a westbound service,
possibly to Liverpool or a combined Liverpool - Manchester service circa 1959.
The locomotive was photographed at the locomotive spotters' favourite location
at the south end of platform 6 where there were several sidings and the
services from the old Midland Railway and LNWR sections of New Street were in
full view. Built as LMS No 5518 by Crewe works in February 1933, the locomotive
was renumbered by BR in July 1948 which it carried until October 1962 when it
was withdrawn from 24J Green Ayre shed in Lancaster.
Photograph courtesy of John Turner