New Street station
Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_br4317
Ex-MR Johnson Class 2P 4-4-0 No 40439 is seen leaving
Birmingham New Street in 1957 with what is thought to be a parcels service.
Built as MR No 439 by Sharp Stewart in March 1893, No 439 was renumbered by
British Railways in April 1949 which it retained until January 1961 when it was
withdrawn from 18A Toton shed to be scrapped.
Photograph courtesy of John Turner