New Street station
Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_br4315
Ex-LMS 'Stanier' 4P 2-6-4T No 42674 is seen arriving at New
Street with a local down service in 1958. Built as LMS No 2674 by Derby works
in July 1938, it was renumbered as No 42674 by British Railways in February
1949 which it carried until November 1962 when it was withdrawn 27D Wigan
Central (ex-L&YR) shed to be scrapped.
Photograph courtesy of John Turner