New Street station
Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_br4312
Ex-LMS 5MT 'Black Five' 4-6-0 No 44831 is standing at
Platform 6 at New Street station with a northbound service circa 1957. Built as
LMS No 4831 by Crewe works in August 1944, it was renumbered by British
Railways in August 1949 which it retained until November 1967 when it was
withdrawn from 8F Spring Branch shed at Wigan to be scrapped.
Photograph courtesy of John Turner