BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br2907
Ex-LMS 5MT 4-6-0 No 44938 stands on one of the centre roads
between platforms 3 and 4 on 14th September 1962. Built as LMS No 4938 by
Horwich works in November 1946, No 44938 remained in service until October 1967
when it was withdrawn from 9D Newton Heath shed to be scrapped by J Cashmores
of Great Bridge.