BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1836
Ex-LNWR 2P 0-6-2T 'Watford Tank' No 6876 is seen on the down
middle road between Platforms 3 and 4 whilst marshalling coaching stock on 1st
May 1948. The grime on the locomotive reflected the lack of labour available
for cleaning both during the war and afterwards, hence the limited cleaning to
the number and the LMS lettering. Built at Crewe works in May 1888 No 6876 was
never to receive its allocated British Railways number as it was withdrawn in
August 1949 from Stafford shed to be immediately scrapped by Crewe works.