Birmingham New Street Station
BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1764
Ex-Midland Railway 2P 4-4-0 No 40511 is seen on pilot
duties whilst standing on the middle road between Platforms 10 and 11 at the
West end of New Street station. Built in in November 1899 as Midland Railway No
511 by Sharp Stewart Company, No 40511 was to remain in service until January
1961 when it was withdrawn from Toton shed to be scrapped in October 1961 by A
Loom of Spondon near Derby.