LMS Route: Rugby to Tamworth
Tamworth Station: lnwr_tam3647
LMS 4-6-0 4P Prince of Wales class No 5838 passes through
Tamworth on the Down Scotch express circa 1923. Built as LNWR No 1083 by
Beardmore & Company in April 1922, No 5838 was to remain in service until
May 1935 when it was withdrawn from Low Moor shed to be scrapped by Crewe works
in May 1935. It was noted to have accidentally hit the buffers at Liverpool
Exchange station in July 1929.