LMS Route: Rugby to Tamworth
Tamworth Station: lnwr_tam1237
LNWR 2P 4-6-0 Experiment class No 1455 'Herefordshire' is
seen double-heading LNWR 4-6-0 Prince of Wales class No 268 approaching
Tamworth station circa 1923. Built at Crewe works in November 1909 No 1455 was
renumbered by the LMS as No 5537 in June 1927 and remained in service until
December 1933 when it was withdrawn from service to be scrapped at Crewe works.
The train engine, No 268, was built in October 1921 by Beardmore & Company
and it remained in service until December 1934 when it was withdrawn for
scrapping by Crewe works.