LNER Route: Leicester to Marylebone
Staverton Road: gcrsr36
Ex-ROD 2-8-0 Class O4/7 No 6572 is seen without a breath of
smoke whilst at the head of a long coal train. Built as ROD No 1688 in November
1917 by the North British Locomotive Company it was renumbered on acquisition
by the LNER as No 6572 and again in 1946 as No 3747 before it was renumbered by
British Railways as No 63747 which it carried until it was withdrawn from 36C
Frodingham shed in May 1961.