LNER Route: Leicester to Marylebone
Staverton Road: gcrsr35
Ex-ROD 2-8-0 Class O4/3 No 6316 is seen working hard at the
head of a long coal train circa 1946. Built as ROD No 1316 in January 1919 by
Robert Stephenson & Company it was renumbered on acquisition by the LNER as
No 6316 and again in 1946 as No 3714 only to be renumbered again by British
Railways after 1948 as No 63714 which it retained until it was withdrawn from
service from 41A Darnall shed in Sheffield in March 1959.