LMS Route: Stratford Midland Junction - The Shakespeare
E&WJR and SMJ - Locomotives and Rolling Stock:
E&WJR 0-6-0ST No 1 is seen fresh out of the paint shop
and looks resplendent in its 1907 lined chocolate livery. Built by Manning
Wardle in 1866, it was worked at Crampton's gravel pits near Woodford before
being employed first by the line's contractor and then in 1871 by the
E&WJR. It was eventually sold in 1910 to the Shropshire &
Montgomeryshire Railway, then finally by the West Sussex Selsey railway.