Ex-LMS 5MT 4-6-0 No 44918 heads a Class A express service through the station bound for Derby circa 1960. The semaphore signals controlled on the left the line to Nuneaton and on the right the new cut off to Derby via Kingsbury and Tamworth High Level stations. Built by Crewe works in December 1945, No 44918 was to remain in service until January 1967 when it was withdrawn from 9E Trafford Park shed to be scrapped.
Photographer James S Doubleday. Courtesy of John Turner from the 53A Models of Hull Collection.