LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Nuneaton
Water Orton Station: mrwo1042
Ex-LMS 2-8-0 8F No 48266 leaves the Leicester line on a coal
train to Washwood Heath on Saturday 26th April 1958. The locomotive was
allocated to Leicester's Midland shed at the time the photograph was taken and
was later to be allocated to Wellingborough in March 1960. Built by the North
British Locomotive Company in May 1942, No 48266 was to remain in service until
June 1967 when it was withdrawn from 10D Lostock Hall shed.