LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Nuneaton
Birmingham New Street to Tamworth
Lawley Street Goods Depot: mrls949
View from the general offices located on the corner of
Lawley Street and Viaduct Street showing the 'Empties' building. On the right,
the shadow cast on the empties shed is from the building which originally
formed the Birmingham & Derby Junction Railway's passenger station but by
this date was utilised to store grain. In the distance is the rear of the 'new'
1893 shed. Rail connection between the 'Empties' shed and the Grain shed was
via four sets of tracks passing through the 1893 shed, two for each shed.